email me your news.
My name is Clare O’Farrell and I am a senior lecturer at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. For further details about me and my work, see my website michel-foucault.com. Details about my most recent book on Foucault can be found here.
This blog posts news in relation to new publications, conferences or other activities in relation to the work of French philosopher and historian Michel Foucault (1926 -1984).
If you have any news about Foucault related activity which you would like to publicise on this blog, please email me
News items in languages other than English are also very welcome. As I only speak English and French, there tends to be a bias towards items in these two languages on the blog. For news in Italian see the Variazione Foucaultiane and the Materiali Foucaultiani sites and in Portuguese the Grupo de Estudos Foucaultianos.
News can include
- conferences, seminars, presentations, calls for papers
- publications – books, articles, conference proceedings etc. These can either be directly about Foucault or apply some aspect of his work. Please feel free to send as much information as you like – for example summaries and abstracts
- any visual art exhibitions, performances or films which deal in some way with Foucault’s work
- controversies around Foucault’s work
- any other activity or events related to Foucault
As some background here, Jeremy Crampton set up the Foucault Blog in March 2007 to post news on Foucault related activity. In August 2010, he announced that he was moving on to other interests and starting another blog. At that point, I offered to take over from him in maintaining a web news presence on all things Foucault.
The banner for the site comes from 4k wallpapers. This is an image of Le Stryge one of the chimera on top of Notre Dame added during a nineteenth century restoration of the cathedral. I haven’t been able to find out anything about the excellent bird chimera perched nearby.